Metallurgical Tests Performed on Flat Rolled Stainless Steel and Aluminum
Test includes tensile, yield and elongation (specify test direction). Thickness range annealed and tempered – 0.006″ to 0.187” Per: ASTM E8 (steels); AST M B557 (aluminum)
ASTM E18. Rockwell A, B and C and Rockwell Superficial T and N scales. Test includes average of 3 reading – conversions per ASTM E140. Thickness minimum annealed and tempered – 0.010″.
ASTM E290: • Testing conducted with the bend parallel or perpendicular to rolling direction (specify test direction). 180 Degree bend thickness maximum (annealed 0.150″, tempered 0.050″).
• Ra, Rz, Rq – Please specify test direction. No thickness restrictions – sample must be flat.
• Chemistry (200, 300 & 400 series stainless steels) Per ASTM A751 and ASTM E1086
• Chemistry (1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000 & 7000 series Aluminums) Per ASTM E1251
• Chemical analysis is performed using optical emission spectroscopy (OES).
• Let us advise you on your electrical steel core loss, coating composition and coating resistance requirements.
We use the highest quality test equipment available to provide a full spectrum of tests for our customers. By doing so we can ensure that our customers receive the very most reliable and accurate test data possible. Please read more about this equipment below.